As you may (or may not) have noticed, my blog has kind of taken a back seat recently. As I have taken some extra work on and school is pretty much kicking my ass right now. Sorry blog, life calls.
But tonight, I find much refuge in the thought of blogging.
Here are some things that have happened to me in the last couple of weeks:
1. We got our first snowfall. That’s right, everyone bring out the mittens and ski coats.
2. I watched the premiere of “Call the Midwife”, a new BBC show on PBS and I’m already in love. Despite the fact that I wish the nuns were Catholic (they’re Church of England, which is still cool stuff) the show has a lot to offer and I’m excited to see where they take it.
3. I’m taking an acting class (it’s required) and it is currently the bane of my existence. Not because of the professor, she’s great, or the people, they’re all really talented, I just hate acting. I freak out in front of people, I can’t handle the criticism, and I flat out dislike it. But through the grace of God, I will find a way to grapple with it and maybe, just maybe I’ll come out of it having learned something.
4. I’m thinking of buying a sun lamp….I read that it is a good way to beat out winter blues, even if it’s just 15 minutes every few days. Anybody have experience with one? Have recommendations? One downside of Montana winters is when the sun sets at 4pm…it’s amazing how it affects my disposition.
5. I learned a valuable lesson this week that sometimes, the world is simply too heavy for our own hearts. Continually, I must remind myself that I am not alone, and if I try to go through life alone, I will only feel a heavy heart. Surrender this heaviness to above and I find nothing short of joy.
6. On a similar note, life is really unpredictable. I can’t predict the future, and I’d be better off if I stopped trying.
7. On a last note, earlier this week I was reminded how blessed I am for the people in my life. I know some truly wonderful, lovely people; and I am thankful I’ve been graced with their friendship.
I hope everyone has a glorious rest of the week! I leave you with this (one of my favorite Proverbs):